Did you know that you can add attachments to a Google Meet room?
- In Google Calendar create an event as normal.
- Click on Add video conferencing to generate a Google Meet room link.
- Click on More options.
- In the description box click on the Add attachment paperclip icon.
- Click on My Drive and search for any files on Google Drive. You can also click on Recent or Shared with me to view files on Google Drive you have recently used or that other people have shared with you.
- Click on Upload and upload a file directly from your device.
In the description box you'll now see the attachments at the top.
- Type in any details into the description box. This will also be visible in the Google Meet room.
- Invite your guests in the Guests field by typing in their email addresses.
- Click on the Join with Google Meet button on the calendar event to open the Google Meet room (invited attendees will see this too). Or go to meet.google.com for a list of meetings each day.
- In the Google Meet room click on the meeting name in the bottom left hand corner of the room (in the above example, Team Meeting).
A panel appears showing the Details of the meeting - notice that the details we typed into the description box of the Google Calendar event appear here.
- Click on the Attachments section to view the attachments that were added to the description box from the Google Calendar event.
All participants in the Google Meet room will be able to access these attachments.
It is possible to add attachments whilst the meeting is active. Open the calendar event and attach the additional files. Re-click on the attachments window in your Google Meet room and they'll appear.
You can add attachments to Google Calendar in the same way on a tablet or smart phone using the Google Calendar app. Tap on the Add attachment or Add another attachment link to do so.
You can view the attachments using the Google Meet app by clicking on the ‘i’ icon as shown in the screenshot above.
Google Meet Training and Help (G Suite Learning Center)